Hello, reader(s)! Welcome!
You’ve stumbled upon my beat – and so of course, you ask: what is Lena’s Beat? Does it refer to a heartbeat, dancing to the beat of one’s own drum, or a reporter’s beat? All of the above! I started this blog because I love to write, I have a lot to say, and I feel quite confined by itty bitty tweets and such (though I admit, I love social networking)!
A little about me…
- I’m currently pursuing a master’s in the field of therapy. I graduated with a bachelor’s in psychology last May! Grad school, especially this accelerated program, is quite the challenge, but I love it! You may notice that I don’t post a ton of pictures of myself or give any concrete identifiers – ideally, this wouldn’t be the case, but this pseudo-anonymity is necessary because of my career field & I apologize in advance if it bothers you! I will say, though, that I never lie about anything – not my name, what I do, or what I blog about!
- I’m a self-professed TV character junkie – I adore them (USA, are you reading this??), and I’ll probably be buzzing your ear off about the latest and greatest in the lives of Jack Bauer, Sydney Bristow, Dexter, Dr. House, Brian Kinney, Tony Soprano, Dwight K. Shrute, Lily and Marshall, and Nora Walker, among others.
- You might as well know now that we can’t be friends unless you acknowledge the wonderfulness that is Jennifer Garner. 😉
- I love to cook – my kitchen’s just a shade bigger than an average walk-in closet, but I try to make it work. I haven’t eaten red meat in over 8 years (that’s a different story for a different day), and I don’t eat pork or seafood such as lobster, crab or shrimp, so I work mostly with vegetables, chicken, ground turkey and salmon (yum!).
- Photography’s another hobby. All throughout my childhood, my mom took countless photos with a regular 35mm point-and-shoot, and now I have so many documented memories from years past, it really makes me grateful for her. In a way, she’s passed down the photography baton to me – I recently got a nice camera for myself (with the help of my loved ones) which my brother helped me name Cameron, and I’ve had an unmeasurable amount of fun using it and documenting special moments in my life. I hope to only improve, and perhaps to take it a step or two further in the future!
What else, what else…well, stay tuned for loads about pop culture, school updates, photos taken, food concocted, political stories that move me, and other assorted candies.